Natural Shampoo Bars
Lily and Lynn shampoo bars are a lightweight, compact and very eco-friendly alternative to bottled shampoo. They are handmade in small batches in our kitchens, using a carefully chosen blend of hair-friendly natural fats, oils and butters. We sell 8 different varieties – each one is enhanced with essential oils and enrichment oils designed to compliment 8 different hair types. All our shampoo bars contain honey and Vitamin E, and are SLS free. Each bar comes handwrapped in a small, brown cardboard box, and is tied with a tag and jute string. Our ingredients include:-
- Coconut oil is often said to be the best oil to use on your hair to protect against protein loss and damage caused by washing, styling and colouring. Rich in carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, it moisturizes hair, reduces breakages and increases shine. Predominantly made up of lauric acid, it is very easily absorbed deep into the hair shaft.
- Castor oil. Rich in ricinoleic acid, castor oil helps lock in moisture, while promoting a clean and healthy scalp – all of which are essential for hair growth. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties, and acts as a lubricant, coating and conditioning hair strands to improve lustre and shine.
- Olive oil has protective and moisturizing properties – it coats the hair shaft and shields keratin. It too imparts a sleek look and shine.
- Tallow. Widely used in the cosmetic, beauty and skincare industries, tallow brings wonderful benefits by keeping the hair hydrated, soft, smooth and healthy. It is dense in nutrients and rich in the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E and K. It boosts condition and shine, and repairs dry, split ends.
- Shea butter. Anti-inflammatory and filled with vitamins A and E and essential fatty acids, shea butter adds moisture to the hair and scalp, and may help to reduce scalp irritation.
- Avocado oil. Packed with antioxidants, minerals, essential fatty acids, biotin and vitamins A, B5 and E, avocado oil is a great ingredient for your hair. It can help tame frizz, promote growth and shine, moisturize and repair, and strengthen hair by helping to seal the cuticle cells.
- Sweet almond oil contains vitamin E, fatty acids, proteins and antioxidants. It moisturizes, seals and protects hair, and safeguards against hair loss and breakages.
- Honey. A natural humectant, honey helps hair retain natural moisture, so that it stays nourished, healthy and shiny. It is packed full of vitamins and minerals, and its natural sugar content helps to promote lather.
Postage £3.50 or free on orders over £30